Friday, March 9, 2012

The beginning?

Wellllllll.... my friend Danielle who is an amazing blogger (read her super awesome blog here) convinced me to try it too (along with a couple of others who have been very encouraging) - so here we are... Who knows where this journey will take me... Who knows who will actually read what I have to say... Who knows who will be able to tolerate my irrational love of ellipses... 


At any rate I'm looking for a place to write down the real stuff of life. These are the lessons that I have learned about myself and others as I've walked the road of motherhood for the last six years. These are the lessons that I call "mom truths." Truths like it is possible to love someone so much that it literally hurts to draw breath (a lesson I learned when Avarie was a newborn). Truths like a husband NEVER looked as handsome as when he is changing a dirty diaper, loading a dishwasher, or reading stories with your babies. Truths like when you have two children and a husband the expectation that you will ever again be able to use the restroom alone slowly fades and dies. Truths like no matter how calm the house seems when you get in the shower, the minute you put shampoo in your hair all hell seems to break loose.  


Me and the fam

So here it is... my REAL TRUE LIFE... hugs, kisses, vomit and all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment